Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I'm 17.5 today~

Another half a year before I can really step in to the world of an 'adult'. The word 'adult' still is unfarmiliar to me. Maybe because of the 'kid' in me still haven't ready to say goodbye to me.
The term adult describes any mature organism, but normally it refers to a human: one that is no longer a child / minor and is now either a man or a woman. Coming of age is the event of becoming an adult, i.e. of entering adulthood. Historically, adulthood has been determined by puberty, which is physical or biological adulthood; passing a series of tests to demonstrate the child is prepared for adulthood; or reaching a specified age, sometimes in conjunction with demonstrating preparation. Most modern societies determine legal adulthood based on reaching a legally-specified age without requiring a demonstration of physical maturity or preparation for adulthood.
The legal definition of entering adulthood usually varies between ages 16-21, depending on the region in question. Some cultures in Africa define adult at age 13, and the Indians of Guatemala consider adulthood at age 10.
In the modern world, often the age is 18. Exceptions:

16: Scotland
17: Indonesia
19: South Korea
20: Japan

Well. for me, I'm not sure yet. I'm still as playful and naughty as ever. ^_^
This few days, I was watching the FIFA world cup till I got panda eyes. But it was exciting and fun to watch. Already half way through the 16-matches. Really getting the hang of it. At the end here, I'll post up the video entitled, " I'm Just a Kid." by Simple Plan.


ENJOY THE YOUTH WHILE YOU STILL CAN BEFORE ENTERING ADULTHOOD

No comments: