Monday, November 15, 2010

Summer Scent Rain

Addressed to: Myself in future's time...

Woke up in the morning thinking it was late already...
But when I looked into my phone --> 6.23 a.m > WTF?
I swear I slept really well,
coz' I didn't use my favourite blanket to sleep,
so I felt good for achieving deep sleep stage!

Then I went out to kitchen,
read the shopping catalogues for like 30 minutes 0.o
then had an Indian breakfast
and prep up for university...

So freakin' hot and at the moment,
I wished it would rain later when I am coming back.
At that moment,
I really feel like getting rained on...for some weird reasons,
just wash me away from the haunting of the past...

Walking to university,
lots of thoughts came into my head while I was listening to a medley.
Being by the beach,
Giving you a piggyback ride,
And filming it would suit perfectly with this medley...I smiled.

At university, everything went accordingly.
Even met my uni juniors and friends who were having exams,
Kinda wish them good luck,
and they wished me too,
although I was honest and told them I wasn't prepared,
but they assumed I was joking and told me I'll do fine.
Reassuring?
Not a bit...

Walking to the library to retrieve some books to prepare,
Wow, my course-mates were there,
Holding their heads while looking through their notes,
Periculum to the max!
But I understand, I would've done that to if I can,
but I just need to focus...

Was about to go home,
All in my mind was hopefully study,
Then saw my friend came walking towards me,
She wanted to get some chips, so I just tagged along.
Chatted for a while, didn't knew that she was experiencing the same things,
Felt relieved and convinced that I wasn't a nutcase after all.
Slowly, we walk back, diverging halfway to our respective destinations - Home.

Carrying 3 books in my hand,
With sunglasses on my head,
I looked up the cloudy sky,
Thinking about the wish I made before,
I felt it comforting...as fine droplets of water feathered down from the sky.
The smell of rain and the feeling of summer...
Soothing but yet somewhat melancholic.

An old man with a stick walked out from his crib,
Reaching for the letterbox like it was important.
The round mark on his head,
gave me a glimpse of a craniectomy.
That moment, I felt I was substantial...to a certain degree.

All I have to do now is try my best,
As when I develop with age,
I could tell myself,
that I've done my best...
Don't blame the 21 year old self...

Everyone's in the rain sometimes,
don't let it soak up your emotion,
take it in and grow,
just like plants...
Grow...
Addie

No comments: