Saturday, August 20, 2011

Rainy Bakery

You were introduced into my life in the beginning of 2001.
I can still remember you were really easy to approach, not long after, we became good buddies.
When everyone did not support the decision of me being the class monitor,
you were among the few who supported me.
We were always competing against each other in studies,
especially in History, you were always the teacher's favorite student.
We changed classes after 2 years in Form 3, but we would still hang out during lunch times.
When I was feeling down,
all alone eating my spicy bowl of noodles in the canteen.
You would approach me and be concerned.
After a year, we then reassembled back into the same class for another 2 years.
Where we made a lot of memories together.
We went for camping with the Cahaya people,
Going to museums and planetarium,
Organising food and fun fair together,
Participating in dramas, public speaking and choir...
Just things ended so quickly...
So quickly that I can't even remember.
After going to our senior prom and Cahaya's, we then seldom meet after school.
Sometimes we accidentally meet in places,
When we do, we'll be chatting for ages.
The last time was February 2008.
To suddenly hear about the bad news, I was devastated.
I didn't knew it would affect me that bad.
At first, I was mad that I wasn't kept in the loop.
I've always treated you as one of my close buddies.
But... I respect your decision.
I did what I can do for now.
Is to hope you are happy wherever you are...
My dear friend...
Missing you...

1 comment:

Ting said...

Dunno what happened, but hope you feel better now. I had a best friend in high school that i was always with in and out of school too...but things kind of dropped when we went to different uni's so i can understand some of the bad things you feel - can be very sad...BUT as pokemon said, a journey is made of just as many encounters as departures. So look up and look forward to what comes along :)